UH Football Fan Blog (where's my banner?)

 Subscribe

This fan blog is unaffiliated in any way with the University of Hawaii or the Warriors football team.

Privacy Policy


Wednesday, July 15, 2009

News and Notes: Wallpapers, Brashton, Doe, Brown

Via H-Mail, HawaiiAthletics has new H-themed wallpaper backgrounds for computer desktops or sites like Twitter (woot!) Here are a couple thumbnails.

...and don't forget to check out Chawan Cut's collection of Chawan-made and other fan-made wallpapers.

Stephen Tsai had a Q&A with Brashton Satele yesterday.
A new approach.
"I went to Arizona, and Chad changed my whole mental thought about working out, eating. I feel great. I feel the best I've ever felt in my life."
In the beginning ...
"The first day I got up there, I was like: 'What did I get myself into?' After a week, it got better."
Thoughts for food.
"The best thing I did was to get off the island, to get away from Hawai‘i food, the white rice. Chad got me on a good diet. I got rid of the sugars, and cut down on carbs. I substitute brown rice for white rice. I eat chicken, steak, salmon. I bake the chicken. Nothing fried. I started to like it once I saw the changes to my body. I got addicted to it."
Tsai has a Q&A with former UH safety Doe Henderson today.
The magic number is 1992.
"It was a good year, a good experience. The simple fact is we were a team. We had Mainland and local players, and we had camaraderie. We had Jason Elam and Junior Tagoai and Bryan (Addison) and Maa (Tanuvasa) and Darrick (Branch). They kept the camaraderie there. ... We had a really good defense. It was just a good team overall. It was great to be part of that. I remember they wanted to redshirt me that year. I didn't play in the first two games. Then coach (George) Lumpkin came up to me and said, 'You're starting.' It was a shock to me."
And Jason Kaneshiro has a brief item on incoming JC safety Aaron Brown.
Aaron Brown, a heralded junior-college safety, reported on campus for summer school last week and joins a line of players to join the Hawaii program from Saddleback Community College.
Colt Brennan ranks among Saddleback’s most notable alums. Current UH receiver Mike Tinoco and offensive lineman Brett Leonard also signed with UH after attending the JC in Mission Viejo, Calif.
Brown has been getting acquainted with more of his Warrior teammates in conditioning drills.
“That’s the big thing, getting to know everybody, and getting a good team atmosphere,” he said.
Originally from Puyallup, Wash., Brown is especially looking forward to UH’s game against Washington State in Seattle on Sept. 12.